1. Christ, the dazzling Bridegroom shines above the sun,
Hail, Almighty God's Anointed One!
Goodness, truth, and beauty, righteousness and peace
All awake and hasten to adorn the wedding feast.
2. Long the saints have waited, wept, and worked as one;
Now their eyes may gaze upon the Son;
We, too, would behold Him, robed in raiment bright
And pavilioned in the brilliance of unearthly light.
3. Yet before such glory, Jesus, who may stand?
You are King and Judge at God's right hand,
O forgive us sinners, O forgive Your Bride;
We would die to sin as You, Immortal Love, once died.
4. Poor indeed these tatters, poor these souls in pain,
Poor our disobedient lives and vain;
Jesus, in your mercy, lend us hearts to sing
As we tremble at the advent of our Lord and King.
5. Come then, dazzling Jesus, reign at wedding feast,
Host and Guest and Manna, Great High Priest!
Earthly veil then lifted, grant us, Lord, the grace
Of beholding You, our destined Bridegroom, face to face.
6. Hear the angels singing who in light abound;
Hear the trumpets raise their glorious sound!
Praised be the Father, praised be the Son,
And all praise be to the Holy Spirit, Three in One!
(c) 2021 Anna Bendiksen (b. 1969)