1. God of all grace, Thy mercy send; Let Thy protecting arm defend;
Save us and keep us to the end; Have mercy, Lord.
2. And through the coming hours of night, Fill us, we pray, with holy light;
Keep us all sinless and our guide; Grant this, O Lord.
3. May some bright messenger abide For ever by Thy servant's side,
A faithful guardian and our giude: Grant this, O Lord.
4. From ev'ry sin in mercy free, Let heart and conscience stainless be;
That we may live henceforth for Thee: Grant this, O Lord.
5. We would not be by care opprest; But in Thy love and wisdom rest;
Give what Thou seest to be best; Grant this, O Lord.
6. While we of ev'ry sin repent, Let our remaining years be spent
In holiness and sweet content: Grant this, O Lord.
7. And when the end of life is near, May we, unshamed and void of fear,
Wait for the judgment to appear: Grant this, O Lord.