1. Savior of the nations, come;
Show the glory of the Son!
Marvel now, O heav'n and earth,
That our Lord chose such a birth.
2. Not by human flesh and blood,
By the Spirit of our God
Was the word of God's made flesh
Woman's offspring, pure and fresh.
3. Wondrous birth! O wondrous child
Of the Virgin undefiled!
Mighty God and man in one,
Eager now his race to run!
4. God Creator is his source,
Back to God he runs his course,
Down to death and hell descends,
God's high throne he re-ascends.
5. Now your lowly manger bright
Hallows night with newborn light;
Let no night this light subdue,
Let our faith shine ever new.