1. Jerusalem, my happy home,
When shall I with you be?
When shall my sorrows have an end?
Your joys when shall I see?
2. Your saints are crowned with glory great;
They see God face to face;
They triumph still, they still rejoice;
In that most holy place.
3. There David stands with harp in hand
As master of the choir;
Ten thousand times that we were blest
That might this music hear.
4. Our Lady sings Magnificat
With tune surpassing sweet;
And all the virgins join the song
While sitting at her feet.
5. There Magdalene has left her tears,
And cheerfully does sing
With blessed saints, whose harmony
In ev'ry street does ring.
6. Jerusalem, Jerusalem,
God grant that I may see
Your endless joy, and of the same
Partaking ever be!