1. Jesus shall reign wherever the sun
Does his successive journeys run;
His kingdom stretch from shore to shore,
Till moons shall wax and wane no more.
2. To him shall endless prayer be made,
And praises throng to crown his head;
His Name like sweet perfume shall rise
With every morning sacrifice.
3. People and realms of every tongue
Dwell on his love with sweetest song;
And infant voices shall proclaim
Their early blessings on his Name.
4. Blessings abound where'er he reigns;
The prisoner leaps to lose his chains;
The weary find eternal rest,
And all who suffer want are blest.
5. Let every creature rise and bring
Blessing and honor to our King;
Angels descend with songs again,
And earth repeat the loud Amen.